Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meals This Week

I am on a baking kick this week. I know that it is soon going to be unbearably hot and I won't be able to stand having my oven on, so my goal is to make extra treats to freeze for quick breakfasts in the hotter months (May-September). This week I made zucchini bread (recipe from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook). I also made blondies.
Here is what we have eaten for dinner this week:

Sunday: Baked Fish + baked potatoes + fresh peas from our garden. We were out in the garden most of the afternoon Sunday so I didn't make anything elaborate.
Monday: Homemade Marinara Sauce + Spaghetti, the marinara sauce I got from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook (here is the one I have). The sauce was easy and really tasty. We had quite a bit leftover that I froze for another pasta day. I served it with salad and frozen garlic bread (not healthy I know, but yummy).
Tuesday: Easy Enchiladas with brown rice (cooked with salsa for flavor), this is a recipe I have created that changes almost every time I make it.

Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Taco Salad (layer rice, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, plain yogurt, salsa, etc)
Friday: we are invited to a friend's house
Saturday: Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment